Steven G. Garcia, MD, FACS
General and Bariatric Surgery
Patient Satisfaction Survey
- Fellowship: Minimally Invasive and Bariatric Surgery at UT Southwestern, Dallas, Texas
- Residency: Preliminary General Surgery at Baylor College of Medicine & Categorical Surgery at Texas Tech Health Science, Lubbock, Texas
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas
- Biochemistry & Genetics: Texas A&M University, Bryan, Texas
Dr. Steven Garcia is a Board Certified General and Bariatric surgeon with specialized Fellowship training in Minimally Invasive and Bariatric Surgery, who practices within the Nacogdoches Medical Partners. Dr. Garcia provides a broad range of services from appendectomies and hernia repair to more complex procedures such as the Gastric Sleeve and Gastric Bypass surgeries. He has been a medical provider for over 10 years.
Prior to joining the Nacogdoches Medical Partners group, Dr. Garcia served as the Director of the Bariatric Program at Texas Tech. In addition, he was the Department of Surgery Assistant Professor and the Associate Program Director at Texas Tech University.
Dr. Garcia is also an active member of the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons, American College of Surgeons and the American Medical Association. He has written several notable publications and in addition to providing numerous distinguished lectures and poster presentations within his field of specialty.
Dr. Garcia is fluent in English and Spanish.
- Appendix Removal
- Colon Resections/ Small Bowel Resections
- Gallbladder Removal
- Gastric Bypass and Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Hemorrhoid Surgeries
- Rectal Surgeries
- Skin Lesion Treatment/ Surgeries
- Thyroid/ Parathyroid Surgeries
- Upper Endoscopy