Heart disease remains the top killer of both men and women. Our cardiologist specialize in diseases of the heart, lungs and blood vessels, managing complex cardiac and vascular issues.
Call 888-417-4961 to schedule an appointment with our cardiologist at Nacogdoches Medical Partners.
Meet the Heart & Vascular Clinic Staff
Why Choose Nacogdoches Medical Partners for Cardiac Care
At Nacogdoches Medical Partners, we strive to help improve quality of life for our patients with some of the latest technology combined with professional and compassionate care. Our cardiovascular expert can offer guidance and comprehensive programs to help prevent heart disease, as well as rehabilitation programs following a cardiac incident.
Conditions Diagnosed and Treated
- Aortic aneurysm
- Arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat)
- Carotid artery disease
- Congenital heart defects
- Coronary artery disease
- Heart attack
- Heart failure
- Heart valve disease
- Peripheral vascular disease (PVD)
- Structural heart disease
If your primary healthcare providers have diagnosed you with one of the above or related conditions, our cardiovascular specialists may be able to provide guidance in your heart journey.
- One person dies every 36 seconds in the US from cardiovascular disease.
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death for women in the United States- accounting for 1 in every five female deaths.
- Hispanic women are likely to develop heart disease ten years earlier than non-Hispanics.
What are the Different Types of Cardiovascular Specialists?
- Cardiologists perform screenings that reveal heart issues that they diagnose, treat and manage for patients; they often work together with a patient’s primary care provider.
- Noninvasive Cardiologists provide stress tests and echocardiograms to help diagnose and treat heart and vascular problems.
- Invasive Cardiologists also perform cardiac catheterizations to evaluate the extent of artery blockage and faulty valves.
- Interventional Cardiologists are trained to provide minimally invasive procedures to treat heart issues, including angioplasty to help unblock an artery.
- Electrophysiologists diagnose and treat irregular heart rhythms, palpitations and fibrillations. They might use electrical leads to assist in diagnosis and radio waves in treatment.
- Cardiothoracic Surgeons operate on the heart, lungs and thorax (area between neck and abdomen), repairing arteries and heart valves.
When Should I See an Cardiovascular Specialist?
It is important to get regular screenings from your primary care physician, especially if you have a family history of cardiovascular disease. Heart disease may go unnoticed until someone experiences a heart attack, arrhythmia or heart failure. If you have experienced any of these conditions, it is important to follow up with a cardiac doctor.
However, there are known risk factors associated with heart disease. Key risk factors include:
- High blood pressure
- High blood cholesterol
Other lifestyle choices and conditions that may place individuals at a higher risk of heart disease include:
- Obesity and overweight
- Unhealthy diet
- Physical inactivity
- Excessive alcohol use
If you have one or more risk factors, speak with your primary health providers to determine whether you may benefit from specialized cardiac care.
Find a Cardiologist or Cardiovascular Surgeon in Nacogdoches
Nacogdoches Medical Partners is your destination for cardiac care in Nacogdoches. Please speak with one of our experienced cardiologist for proper diagnosis and advice on cardiac options. If you’re experiencing an emergency, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
Call 888-417-4961 to schedule an appointment.
Go Red for Women