Kenneth Jurist, M.D.
- Medical School: The University of Maryland
- Residency: The Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York
- Fellowship: The Center for Sports Medicine and Health Fitness in Illinois
Dr. Kenneth A. Jurist is a board certified orthopedic surgeon who has specialized fellowship training in Sports Medicine. He came to the Nacogdoches area in 2012, however has been practicing medicine since 1986. He is licensed in the State of Texas and Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery. While focusing primarily on problems of the shoulder and knee, Dr. Jurist treats most of the injuries that athletes and active individuals encounter at Performance Orthopedics office in Nacogdoches, TX. He routinely sees patients of all ages from the adolescent to the mature athlete.
Dr. Jurist is a Co-Director of the Total Joint Program at Nacogdoches Medical Center and has privileges at both local hospitals in Nacogdoches, TX. In 2005, Dr. Jurist was appointed to become an oral board examiner for The American Board of Orthopedic Surgery and has been directly involved in the training of orthopedic surgery residents, medical students, physician’s assistants, nurses and athletic trainers.
Over the course of his career, Dr. Jurist has a long list of achievements, original research publications and scientific presentations in the field of orthopedic surgery and sports medicine, some of which have won very prestigious awards. From 1986-1988, he served as assistant orthopedic consultant to the Detroit Red Wings and The Detroit Pistons. He saw athletes from Macomb Community College as well as injured athletes from numerous area high schools. He participated in the medical coverage of the Detroit Free Press Marathon for several years.
- Treatment for Joint Pain including the Knees, Shoulders, and Hips.
- Treatment for Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Distal Biceps Rupture
- Elbow Tendonitis
- Ligament Reconstructions
- Total Knee, Shoulder and Hip Replacements
- Arthroscopic Surgery for the Knees and Shoulders
- Tendon Problems such as Achilles Tendonitis and Rupture
- Sports Injuries
- Treatment of other Orthopedic Injuries resulting from falls, trips, and slips.